Hickey Smith Dodd LLP
2 yrs required
Manhattan, NY, United States
Sep 12, 2022
Hickey Smith Dodd LLP, has a great opportunity available for an experienced Legal Assistant/ Case Assistant, located in the tri-state area to join our team. The right candidate will work primarily from home, however trial preparation would require the candidate to come into the office.
Position Purpose: Provides administrative support to attorneys.
Legal Assistants/ Case Assistants e-file documents with Courts within a specific time period and serve legal documents to the appropriate parties. May work directly with clients in a non-legal advising capacity, such as answering questions, scheduling appointments and making sure all court requirements are met. Case Assistants represent the Firm by providing outstanding customer service and accurate follow-through actions for all inquiries and referrals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Research Court rules, compile, review, reconcile, and/or maintain a variety of information and records related to case files, clients and other contacts
· Notarize documents
· Input information into case management software
· File and serve pleadings, motions, discovery and settlement documents
· Organize material(s) for team member(s) review
· Draft, review and transmit correspondence for attorneys
· Process mail in a timely manner and assist with overflow mail
· Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Assist attorneys with hearing, trial, arbitration, administrative hearing preparation etc. by organizing, assembling and marking key documents
· Receive and process information requests, registrations, forms, orders, notices, and/or other related information and correspondence
· Sort, file, and maintain materials and filing systems (paper, computer or imaging), retrieve file materials, and keeps a record of file movement
· Perform a variety of routine clerical activities and other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Hickey Smith Dodd offers competitive salaries and a full suite of benefits including, firm paid or subsidized Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Long-Term Disability and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
In addition, we offer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and the option of joining our 401K plan.
Schedule: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day, working mostly from home.
Hickey Smith Dodd LLP